Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My two worlds COLLIDE on Friday Night!

   I'll bet you don't know too many people who have a passion for both Disney and Pro Boxing!  Neither do I.  But "I am that Man!".  And this Friday March 4th is a special night for me.  ESPN's Friday Night Fights will be broadcast from Walt Disney World's Wide World of Sports Complex.  I'm sure they have held boxing events there before, but I guess I just never noticed.  These days though, my inner radar always catches the phrase "Walt Disney World".  The Main Event will feature former Cuban amateur standout - Yordanis Despaigne (8-0, 4 ko's) taking on another unbeaten prospect- Ismael Syllakh (14-0, 12 ko's) for the North American Boxing Federation (NABF) Light-Heavyweight Title.  It's a great matchup made even better by the fact IT WILL BE HELD AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!  Oh, how I wish I could be there in person.  The undercard will feature former World Champion- Freddie "Little Hagler" Norwood (43-3-1, 23 ko's) going against Accra, Ghana's Ray "The Emperor" Narh (24-1, 21 ko's).  You can bet I'll be tuned in, and how much sweeter will it be when they show a glimpse of the entrance to the Wide World Complex on Disney Property?  The event will be promoted by none other than former World Champion and future Hall-Of-Famer Roy Jones Jr.

   I can only imagine a day filled with screams on Expedition Everest, Singing along with It's a Small World, Whirling through Rock n' Rollercoaster with Aerosmith blasting in my ears, The wind blowing through my hair on Test Track, Mickey Bars, Popcorn and then topping it all off with a night of Championship Boxing!  I won't be able to do it this time around, I was caught off guard.  But you can bet that I'll be keeping my ear to the ground and my eyes open for the next boxing event held at WDW!  (Oh, and in case you're wondering... I'll take Despaigne to win the title by decision.)

(Pictured: myself with Freddie "Little Hagler" Norwood who will be in action on March 4, 2011 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex)

No comments:

Post a Comment